Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Little Angel

Disclaimer: This and several of the posts before and after are just snippets of life shortly after Ansley blessed us with her awesomeness. They are copied from a journal I kept on my phone, through a program called "Total Baby" - one the most useful apps ever created (imho). It also houses stats, doc appointments, sleeping and bath schedules, and (cue choral music) helps you keep track of nursing/feeding frequency and duration. Anyone who's had and b-fed a baby will echo my sentiment that this, my friends, is magic.

--

You are just so flipping adorable! I can't get over how attached I am to you and you've only been here a few short days. I think Jon said it best that the reason it's so different with a baby is that you love them instantly. The bond is there from the beginning. I even felt protective of you right away. And with a partner, it takes time to develop - no matter how strong it becomes. 



It's amazing, though. How can I not look at Jon now and think what an incredible gift he gave me / that we made for each other? I feel closer to him now than ever and that is a hard thing to accomplish.

Speaking of daddy - not only has he been so helpful with you (changing diapers, positioning you for feeding, distracting/holding you so I can do things myself), but he's been very attentive to mommy's needs as well. He's drawn me baths, gotten me food, and even made a special trip to Sonic for a huge bag of my favorite soft ice like the kind they had in the hospital.

Yeah, there are some hard parts and not everything is perfect or comes naturally of course, but right now I am loving this babycation. Spending time with our new family is such a gift from God.

*I think you have a few other admirers, too..
(The grandparents, aunt Jenna & uncle B were also there constantly, and I'm sure you'll see the thousands of pictures you took with them so I won't repeat that here). 


Some of your early visitors: 


your godmother, aunt Heidi

aunt Jaclyn (look! there's Jake in her tummy/natural boppy)
uncle chad and brooklyn came to see you after we got home, too.

uncle Jay's not too sure yet, but aunt Jennifer is smitten

(sometimes before men have their own babies they're a little afraid of holding other babies, despite the promises that you won't break  ;)


aunt loryn
(uncle lee was sick, so you didn't get to meet him right away)


aunt Marisa (with Nora Kate hiding/just getting started in her belly!)


uncle nick. he lives in charleston now (it's actually June 2010), 
but we're trying to keep in touch.


No comments:

Post a Comment