Thursday, August 6, 2009

Tick Tock, Tick Tock!

As we approach what I am affectionately referring to as "d-day," I'm having a rush of strange and mixed emotions. Trepidation, anxiousness, excitement, fear. At times I feel like "ok if I started having contractions now I'd be totally fine with that," and then the next minute I'm thankful that she's not coming yet because there's so much I still want to do, and I have a strange sense of how incredibly different things are going to be once she gets here. 

I guess you could say I'm prepared to be overwhelmed. I know I won't know what I'm doing, so that will be the general postpartum theme. Kids are totally cool with a go-with-the-flow parenting style.. right?

Here's hoping that instinct thing kicks in asap!

The other day I was completely intimidated just trying to figure out how to label things in the nursery and put away clothes. It still looks like this.

Nah I'm joking. Here's what it actually looks like:

 I hope you like it, baby girl!

Your dad worked tirelessly to get it ready (so mommy could add the fun stuff). Here are some before/construction pics:


Don't let him fool you if he tries to tell you otherwise; he had fun.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment