Friday, August 14, 2009

Let's Do This. I think...

{Week 38, give or take}


Am now convinced that women become uncomfortable in the final month of pregnancy in order to prepare them for actual birth.

I mean, think about it. You're scared of the unknown and have no idea what to expect; if you went into labor at that point it could be seriously bad for your psyche. But just as everyone says it will, at some point in the last couple weeks, your attitude changes and you think "Ok I'm just ready to meet him/her and become a mommy! And maybe have my body back to myself..."

It's like ... baby voodoo. How do they do that?


*Post- post revision: So I might have had some unrealistic expectations about this "having your body back to yourself" thing. If you choose (and are able) to feed via the magic milk, you might have to tack another 8-12 months or so on to those 9 months...

Totally worth it, though, sweetie.  Totally worth it.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment