Monday, August 24, 2009

To The Doctor

{4 days out}


Our first doctors' appointment and we're already late. Well I can't say it's not a Stevenson thing to do, but we really did think it was @ 12:30, not 12:15...

You have the sweetest face & little "bird mouth." We are absolutely in awe of you and everything you do. You currently love falling asleep while feeding and screaming during diaper changes or any type of disrobement (sure that'll change/reverse eventually :)  You much prefer sleeping on someone's chest to lying on your back, but I'm going to assume that just means you have an extra-affectionate personality... Or you're a baby & it's comforting..



You do seem to do well in your carseat, though. Sleeping the whole way; gosh you're cute. I could just sit & watch you sleep for hours. Well I guess I do.  :)






The doc says today you are 6 lbs, 7 oz and 21.5" (don't think you've really gained a half-inch in 4 days, but maybe you pointed your toes for this measurement.. ;) and slightly jaundice—aka yellow. We have an appointment to recheck your bilirubin in 2 days. Sadly, this requires a heel prick, which if they continue to do may result in mommy getting a pacemaker because my heart goes crazy at any sign of distress from you. I hope they don't think it's weird if I practice random lamaze breaths whenever you get a shot.



No comments:

Post a Comment