Tuesday, March 17, 2009

"Pulling the Goalie"

So it seems I was under a bit of a misconception about the term "pulling the goalie." 

For some reason or other, it came up in conversation the other day, and when Jon said "You know, when you consciously go off your method of birth control, you're 'pulling the goalie' - i.e. taking him away from the goal to play offense," I was like ... wait, what?

All this time, I had so been thinking the reference went to a different, more literal point (think hard, you'll get it). I mean was I really so off? Hah I claim preggo-brain. Whatever. It could so mean both.
Urban dictionary, however (yes I really am overly caucasian I can't help it), offers more than one meaning. The other is just not what I expected.. 

Curious? http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=pulling+the+goalie

P.S. Am currently rethinking idea of using this as an online "baby journal"...


No comments:

Post a Comment