Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Big Mac

{week 18 and packing}

Maternity clothes. Ah. The bane of my pregnification. I'm just now at the point where my jeans will definitely not fit comfortably, and I don't care to wear a bella band every single day, so I've decided to make the preggo pair purchase. However, this is not as easy as it sounds. Sure, Pea in the Pod has some cute ones, but besides not being long enough, they are designer jeans and way out of my price range for something I'll only wear a few months. Forget finding any longs on ebay. Of course the weather has not been cooperating, so I'm forced to get these even though it's supposedly been spring for about a month. I am gonna try the consignment shop, but I'm doubtful there are many other pregs in the boro of my size who would turn in their jeans there. One can hope. If all else fails, I may have to order. Old Navy has one or two pairs that come in long, but they're not flare (get with the program, people!). Plus, if they don't fit I have to send them back. And that sucketh.

Random thought:
I was lying on our chair-and-a-half with Hanna across my lap, and I wondered if she could tell. Like, can she feel the baby underneath her paws? Because she puts them on my belly along with her head and keeps the rest of herself off. Does she do this on purpose? Probably not, but it would be kind of cool if she knew.

Current Cravings:  
  • Bread and pasta. 24/7. I've been to PieWorks for lunch 3 times in the past month. And I get a full order of breadsticks on each occasion (half of which I eat a day or two later). Shout-out to Rob, the nice waiter who politely and continuously fills my water and doesn't comment [within earshot] about that little chick who can totally pack away the carbs.
  • Food, in general.

No comments:

Post a Comment