Sunday, February 15, 2009

Isn't That Just Pregcious?

Ok it is way cute to know what people think of the idea of us having a kid. My brother has taken to calling me every couple days or so just to "check in." This is what my dad already does, so it's looking like the mini-Stevenson has brought out the mini-Tim in B. Jenna said he im-ed her the other day and wanted to set up a time they could go to Babies-R-Us at lunch together. "Just the aunt and uncle." (cuteoverload.com!)

So I must share with you some of the things we've already received for and about baby S. I mean how cool is it that this little bit is already so celebrated and cherished and it's not even done forming yet?! I have to say, I've been a little hesitant to purchase/receive/accept any baby stuff just because everything seems so unsure at this point, but it is totally exciting anyway. 

Observe, my current fav article of clothing, courtesy of granny mac:   


And the most amazing book from aunt heidi:    


(An excerpt):  
             

And naturally, natural items from my mom (mimi):      


Mimi is like me and doesn't want to "jinx" anything by getting into the baby-celebrating biz too early. If you're wondering what the olive oil is for, apparently its moisturizing (specifically chest- and belly-moisturizing) properties are exceptional. Just ignore the rash... jk.  ;)
Coincidentally, I'm still freaked out about the fact that I'm not sick, not showing and can't feel anything yet. I know every preggo woman with morning sickness and a belly at 5 weeks would curse me, but I can't help it - it makes me nervous. I feel like I'm not "tuned-in" yet. Don't get me wrong, I am so thankful and blessed to feel normal. I just need to know this little peep is growing and everything is progressing along as it should. And wondering when it'll actually feel like I'm gonna have a baby (aside from the massive pain and pushing part)?

No comments:

Post a Comment