Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Stream of Unconsciousness

Current food aversions:
  • Raw or partially-cooked red meat. Ugh. Normally smells really good to me, but with my go-go-gadget-supernose, it is like tasting rotting flesh. I can't deal.
  • Garlic. And ginger. Again, I think it's simply too strong.
  • Maple pecan syrup. Just... ugh. Come to think of it, though, I don't particularly care for any type of flavored syrup even when I'm not pregnant. So maybe we just chalk that one up to being syrup-ist.
Current cravings:
  • Chick-Fil-A waffle fries with Polynesian sauce (like a fiend).
  • Randomly, olives. 1 & 1/2 jars currently in the refrigerator and I only bought them last week.
  • Grapefruit: 1/day (that's two halves, peeps). At least I'm getting my vitamin C.
  • And orange soda - but I think this is a reaction to my cutting back on soda and then feeling the need to binge. Hm I really should check into the likelihood of od'ing on sugar. Or salt.
Still have no ideas, feelings, dreams, thoughts, compulsions or hallucinations as to what sex mini Stevenson will be. Though everyone around me seems to be strongly convinced it's a girl. I'll let you know in a month and a half or so (which, btw, seems like forever!) whether you should go on Oprah with that 6th baby sense.  ;)  


Am HATING the fact that you cannot take certain medicines while knocked up. Who came up with this? Probably the same people who decided you couldn't drink. My trusty Excedrine Migraine was ceremoniously expelled from its semi-permanent residence in my purse when I realized it was baby-poison (you know, because it's baby-poison. But mostly cause I was PO'ed and trying to stick it to the man (reference aforementioned rage and cussing entry for details)).


Bought my first preg-related item aside from the 12 books we've purchased or received on the subject (those don't count because they're educational). It's a "bella-band." This strange but useful contraption is basically a stretchy tube that goes over the top of your pants, and can thus hide the fact that you felt the need to unbutton them because that top button is just a little too snug for comfort. Works pretty well, except when I have to pee. Which is a lot these days due to the excessive amount of water I am drinking like it's my job. Since I've been forced to become a waterholic, I am also constantly bloated (any kind of bloated = not good). These bella-bands may stick around post-pregnancy.


And speaking of jeans, I've recently come to the conclusion that none of my pants are remotely loose or suitable for pregwear. Even jury-rigged with the elastic and/or bella-band. Ok yes I knew this before, but I have now come to regard them as torture devices and am facing the fact that there is no way I'll be wearing any of them when I pop. Sweatpants and skirts, bless ye for your flexible nature. It's really too bad sweatpants are not appropriate work attire.


Took the leap the other day and posted a sorta-announcement on Facebook (i.e. changed my status to "Mckenzie is happy my baby-daddy is home"). This is a big step cause everyone knows that once it's out on Facebook, it's real. Responses were funny. And varied. And I still don't think everybody got it. But I am totally stealing the reference to our baby as "the little ninja."

No comments:

Post a Comment