Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Where did I put those instructions?

{13 days old}
I am watching you right now in your carseat panting and grunting - obviously trying to expel something from your hind end.. You stay asleep though (thank you for that) so mommy will still get her shower in this morning. It's the small victories. 






You have currently taken to imitating animals, as we often hear little dog-like whimpers or the occasional cat hiss emanating from your tiny sleeping frame. Daddy is very good at soothing you; when he was home with us for the first week I would peek into the nursery during your "wake"time and see him reading to you with tears running down his cheeks. And every now and then I catch a few notes of him singing you a song. Now normally mommy is not the biggest fan of daddy's vocals, but he sings to you so sweetly it melts my heart. 






I think you view mommy as more of a feeding trough. But nursing is a comfort to you as well. We're attempting to implement the principles of Babywise and get you on a schedule, but I fear we're failing miserably. You have already displayed resistance to self-soothing (preferring to be held in order to fall asleep), and I'm pretty sure you've begun to snack-feed. Not good. But we're trying. I just want to give you "the gift of nighttime sleep" here babygirl. Work with me.  :)



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful memories. I'm glad you are sharing equal "funny Jon" and "sweet Jon" stories. And it warmed my heart to see the blanket in the first pic. :-)

    ReplyDelete