Wednesday, June 16, 2010

You Got Swag


Recently, Jon bought a truck. Though I stood vehemently opposed to such a thing; preferring SUV over truck 10-to-1 (you know, for family vacations? transporting things in a covered area? extra seating?), I'm swallowing my pride and admitting that - ok - as far as trucks go... it's really nice. I will even admit to thoroughly enjoying the power of sitting high above all the toy cars and jamming out to my ipod while driving said truck. Since I'd always conceded that it was Jon's new vehicle and his decision, I didn't exactly have much sway in the matter anyway (though obviously it didn't stop me from voicing my opinion...). My sole caveat was that there be enough space to comfortably fit a car seat. 

Now, Jon has his dream vehicle (the first new car he's ever owned), Ansley fits (regardless of the fact that I will at some point do a face plant attempting to hoist her high enough to clear its massive frame), and my husband feels like a man. In the words of a wise girlfriend "every man needs a truck." Ok, I get it.

So you may be wondering, but what about the minivan/swaggerwagon? Why not consider that other sweet ride? It's true that if our family is blessed to multiply much further, we may start feeling the need for an even larger mode of transportation. But the van I will resist with much more fervor than the truck. Not because it isn't nice (and seriously, nothing against anyone who has one because they are truly the cadillac of child-transportation instruments), but because I have always wanted an SUV. Perhaps with a little luck, we'll manage to skip the van stage. But I have to say, it is kind of hard to resist with ads like this:


If Jon and I were in a commercial, it would totally be this one. 

And, for totally gratutitous ridiculousness, the music video:

1 comment:

  1. I so feel you on this one! Troy very badly wants a truck (and will likely get one...we're just waiting for his 4Runner to give out). What kind did Jon get? The funny part is that Troy really wants me to have a minivan. I am not sure why and I also keep trying to push for an SUV but he just seems to think the "swagger wagon" is the way to go! :)

    ReplyDelete