Sunday, February 14, 2010

My Funny Valentine


{6 months in a week!}

(don't mommy and daddy just have the most beautiful valentine in the whole wide world??! we think so :)

For our first Valentines together, we decided to take it low-key and just follow what has become our weekend tradition of going out to breakfast. We sat in a booth at Tex & Shirley's where I unloaded every toy and plaything known to man and you proceeded to ignore them and flirt with every boy baby in sight. Little harlot. ;)  There must be something about boys, because you seem to stare a bit longer at them [I'm convinced this all started on your first "girls' lunch" with Heidi and I when a mom walked by with a little boy and you literally turned your head to follow them as they passed]. 


(your "flirtface")

Well this particular day there happened to be an extremely cute little dude at the table next to us with his family. His sister gave him a Valentine (which I just thought was super-specially-cute anyway) and out of the blue he lets out the most charming baby belly laugh! Daddy looked at you and said "What the heck?! Why don't you do that yet?" And come to find out, laughing baby was literally only 1 day older than you. "Well," daddy said, "that's fine. She'll be laughing tomorrow." Hehehe I wouldn't hold my breath. Now daddy and I both know that babies develop at different rates; and as far as talking goes, you really aren't unusually vocal. So it's totally ok that you're not laughing yet. You do at least giggle. But then we started thinking - should we be taking this personally? I mean, maybe we just aren't that funny..   
;)

Happy Valentines Day, my little lovebug.


(playing the bongos)

(way too happy about that coupon in your hands. that's mommy's little girl!!)

No comments:

Post a Comment